Cheese is a rich source of calcium and Vitamin B, while mushrooms are rich in potassium, Vitamin B, Niacin, Riboflavin and anti-oxidants. So you can very well imagine, how healthy a snack it can be! So the next time you’re hungry, you know exactly what to snack on.
When my nephew Arnav and nieces Maahi and Mysha spent their vacations with us, I made this often before their evening play or at the time of breakfast. They love it and whenever I visit Dubai, they ask me to make the same thing.
- Mushrooms – 1 cup sliced
- Garlic flakes – 2-3 nos. crushed
- Chilli flakes – 1/2 tsp (optional, skip if making for kids)
- Oregano seasoning – a pinch
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Black pepper powder – to taste
- Coriander leaves – ½ bowl finely chopped
- White/ brown bread slices – 5-6 nos.
- Cheese slices – 1 or 2 nos. or grated cheese – ½ cup
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan and sauté the garlic, oregano, coriander leaves, salt and the mushrooms until soft.
- Toast the bread and place it on a glass plate.
- Place a layer of the cooked mushroom and tear pieces of the cheese slice or add 2-3 tsp of grated cheese.
- Sprinkle black pepper powder on top.
- Micro for 30 seconds and watch the cheese melt and spread across the toast.
- Serve immediately with ketchup.
Share your Recipe!
You too could share an original recipe from your kitchen. It doesn’t matter if it is a simple one, as long as it is an original or a traditional recipe from your home.
Send us the recipes with photographs clicked by you and your profile to email@example.com and we will publish it.