On a recent lunch at a friend’s place from Kerala, I discovered an interesting method of preparing egg – with curry leaves! It’s tangy and spicy and can compliment any gravy dish. Try it out today and let us know how it went with daal-rice combo or with paranthas.
- Eggs – 4 – 6 nos.
- Ginger – Garlic paste – 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Tomato – 1 no. finely chopped
- Onion – 1 no. finely chopped
- Black pepper corns – 4-5 nos.
- Curry leaves – 8 – 10 nos.
- Green chilies – 2-3 nos. slit
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder -1 tps
- Salt to taste
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Boil the eggs and remove the shell and keep aside.
- Heat oil, add curry leaves and green chilies and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the onions and brown them and then add the ginger – garlic paste.
- Now add the tomatoes and cook well and then add all the masalas.
- Slit the eggs and add them to this mixture and cook well, till they brown.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder and mix well before serving hot with rice and daal.