So here we are, sharing with you all our top five Christmas special delicacies to try out this year. We extend a special thanks to Executive Chef Pawan Kumar Lal, The Resort, Mumbai for sharing with us his top five recipes for the festive season.
People often remember a party or a wedding mainly because of two factors – how gracious the host was and how good was the food.
If you’re hunting for recipes to make your house party more memorable allow us to give you a lending hand. We’ve featured plenty of yummy recipes this month – such as Top 5 Christmas Party Snacks, Christmas Recipes for Kids that you’ll come back and thank us some day. 🙂 There are plenty more festive and Christmas recipes available on our website, feel free to browse through and surprirse your family and friends with a delicious treat.
For now, try out these recipes from the Chef’s own kitchen and have a great Christmas party! From a Soup, Salad, Starter, a Main Course and a Dessert, Chef Pawan Kumar Lal has got it all planned out for you.
1. Canadian Cheese Soup
- Bell Peppers, Carrot (Brunoise) – 20Gms
- Corn – 10gms
- Bacon (Brunoise) – 02 Slice
- Flour – 01tbs
- Butter – 5gms
- Cheese – 5gms
- Cream – 1Tbs
- Stock (chicken Stock) – 250ml
- Seasoning (as Per Taste)
- Melt Butter + Flour Sauté flour a while.
- Add stock and keep stirring so that no lumps are formed.
- Add all the Brunoise Veg, bacon, cheese, with the stock and continue cooking so that cheese melts.
- Seasonings finish with cream and garnish with Sprig of Parsley.
2. Christmas Coleslaw
- Purple Cabbage – 80Gms
- White Cabbage – 80gms
- Apple – 50gms
- Bell peppers – 50 gms
- Mayonnaise – 50gms
- Seasonings – 3TBS
- Parsley – For Garnish
- Cherry Tomato – For Garnish
- Cut all the above vegetables in Julienne ie Shredding.
- Add mayonnaise and seasoning if required as mayo has salt in it. Mix well.
- Arrange in a salad bowl/plate and garnish with Cherry Tomato and Sprig Of Parsley.
3. Lamb On Skewers
- Lamb(chunks) – 150gms(IMPORTED)OR Baby Lamb
- Onion – 01nos
- Red Capsicum – 01 Nos
- Yellow Capsicum – 01 Nos
- Green Capsicum – 01 Nos
- Spaghetti – 150gms
- Satay Stick – 02 Nos
- Worcestershire Sauce – 01 Tbs
- Oregano – 05Gms
- Chopped Garlic – 15gms
- Butter – 20gms
- Seasoning (ie) salt n pepper – as per taste
- Chop the vegetables and set aside.
- Boil water and Al dente (boil) the Spaghetti and keep aside.
- Cook the chunks of lamb on low flame, add water and seasonings and cook.
- Marinate the lamb and the chopped vegetables ( ie Bell peppers and Onions) with Worcestershire sauce and put them on a grill.
- Increase the flame so that its gets a good smoky flavor. Remove the platter and keep aside.
- Take satay sticks and arrange the lamb and veggies on satay sticks and keep under warmer.
- Take Olive Oil, add garlic and sauté it. Add the blanched spaghetti and toss it with Oregano and seasoning.
- Arrange the spaghetti on a plate and put the lamb skewers over the spaghetti and pour Barbeque Sauce on the skewers
- Garnish with chopped Parsley and serve hot
4. Roast Chicken With Pepper Jus
- Whole Chicken – 01 Nos
- Onion – 01 Nos
- Carrots – 01 Nos
- Celery – Couple Of Sticks
- Bay Leaf – 02 Nos
- Mixed Fresh Herbs – 10Gms(includes sage,rosemary, thyme)
- Olive Oil – For Mari nation
- Butter – 05 gms
- Black Peppercorns – 2 gms
- Zucchini , Broccoli, Bell Peppers – 100 gms as sauté Veg
- Make the marination out of seasoning, Worcestershire Sauce and mix well.
- Take a whole chicken and apply marination on it and keep aside for couple of hours.
- Take a baking tray and add the onion, celery, carrots, bay leaf, peppercorn ( Roughly pound) and place the marinated chicken on the tray.
- Roast the chicken in the oven at 230 degree celsius for 40 – 45 minutes.
- Take the chicken out and make sauce out of the left over liquid in the tray and add pepper and Seasoning and keep aside.
- Blanch the above exotic vegetables and sauté in butter.
- Arrange the roast chicken on a plate and scatter the sautéed vegetables around it served along with the sauce.
5. Chocolate Wrapped Brownie
- Butter – 1.75gm
- Sugar Icing – 1.75gm
- Maida – 50gms
- Coco Powder – 45gms
- Eggs – 04nos
- Vanilla Essence – Few Drops (2 to 3)
- Baking Powder – 2gms
- Dark Chocolate Sauce – 200 ml
- Milk – 100ml
- Cherry – For Garnish
- Butter Paper – For Lining The Tray
- Mix flour, coco powder and baking powder together and set aside.
- Chop the walnuts and keep aside.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together till it gets flully.
- Add the flour coco powder mixture slowly in the beaten egg and sugar mixture by cut and fold method.
- Add the melted butter in the above mixture.
- Now add the chopped walnut in the above mixture.
- Now take the baking tin and grease the bottom of the tray with butter and place a butter paper on it.
- Now pour the Mixture in the baking tray and bake it at 190 Degree Celsius for 40 to 45 Minutes
- Let it cool and cut the brownie in squares and set aside.
For Chocolate Sauce:
- Heat milk and as it boils add the chocolate cube slowly and mix it softly and cook until it thickens.
- You can also add butter for richness while adding the chocolate.
- Now take the square Brownies and dip them in the chocolate sauce and keep them in the fridge for 3 to 4 minutes to get that perfect chocolate coating.
- Serve it cold and pour some left over sauce over the brownie and garnish with some walnut and cherries.
Collaborate with us:
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to get featured or collaborate with us at The Lifestyle Portal.