As much as I love non-vegetarian food, I love my veggies. One of my favorites is ladies-finger or Okra or Bhindi. I am sharing a simple recipe to make that boring lunch or dinner a little more interesting. So here goes…
- Ladies Finger/ Okra/ Bhindi – 500 gms
- Medium to Large Potatoes – 1-2 nos.
- Large Onion – 1 and 1/2
- Paanch Phoron – 2tsp approx. (Bengali five spice mix)
- Mustard Oil
- Salt – to taste
- Coriander powder – 1-2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 and half tsp
- Cut the ladies finger the way you like. You can cut it in circles or in long strips.
- Cut the potatoes in thin slices and slice the onions and keep aside.
- Heat the mustard oil and add the Paanch Phoron. As soon as it splatters, add the onions and brown them.
- Now add the potato slices and brown them and finally add the ladies finger.
- Once you saute them for a few mins, add the salt, coriander, turmeric and red chili powders and mix well.
- Lower the flame and cover the work. Keep checking every few mins and mix it well.
- Once done, serve hot with roti and daal.
Share your Bhindi/ Okra/ Ladies Finger recipe with us:
We invite you to share your original recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org with photos of the dish clicked by you and we’ll be more than happy to publish it.