Well that’s what this super simple chicken recipe does. A perfect dish to soothe a bland palate just after a nasty flu, a jet lag or a long train journey.
Compliment it with fluffy steamed rice or light rotis and go to bed with a happy tummy.
I’m sharing this Chicken Curry, Bengali style – feel free to try it today! 😀
- Chicken curry pieces– 500gms
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Onion paste – ½ a bowl
- Tomato paste – ½ a bowl
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Chilly powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Mustard oil – 2 – 5 tbsp (or any white refined oil)
- Green cardamom – 1 – 2 nos
- Cinnamon stick – less than ½ an inch
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat the mustard oil in a pressure cooker and drop the cardamom and cinnamon stick.
- Add the onion paste and fry for a few mins and then add the ginger garlic paste.
- Cook well and then add the tomato paste and the spice powders.
- Mix well until the oil starts to leave the sides.
- Now add the chicken pieces and coat them well with the masala.
- Add salt and water and bring it to a boil
- Pressure cook – one whistle on high flame and one on low flame.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander leaves.
Share your recipe!
Have a Comfort Food recipe such as this one?
Well then how about sharing it with us and our readers? Send us your quick fix recipe in the above format with a couple of good photographs (preferably shot in daylight) to firstname.lastname@example.org!