Chicken Curry for the Soul
You know the warm and fuzzy feeling that you get when you dig into that comfort food?
Well that’s what this super simple chicken recipe does. A perfect dish to soothe a bland palate just after a nasty flu, a jet lag or a long train journey.
Compliment it with fluffy steamed rice or light rotis and go to bed with a happy tummy.
I’m sharing this Chicken Curry, Bengali style – feel free to try it today! 😀
- Chicken curry pieces– 500gms
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Onion paste – ½ a bowl
- Tomato paste – ½ a bowl
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Chilly powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Mustard oil – 2 – 5 tbsp (or any white refined oil)
- Green cardamom – 1 – 2 nos
- Cinnamon stick – less than ½ an inch
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat the mustard oil in a pressure cooker and drop the cardamom and cinnamon stick.
- Add the onion paste and fry for a few mins and then add the ginger garlic paste.
- Cook well and then add the tomato paste and the spice powders.
- Mix well until the oil starts to leave the sides.
- Now add the chicken pieces and coat them well with the masala.
- Add salt and water and bring it to a boil
- Pressure cook – one whistle on high flame and one on low flame.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander leaves.
Share your recipe!
Have a Comfort Food recipe such as this one?
Well then how about sharing it with us and our readers? Send us your quick fix recipe in the above format with a couple of good photographs (preferably shot in daylight) to firstname.lastname@example.org!