I’ve made sautéed baby potato in curd sauce to add a robust companion to this light and fluffy rice meal in itself. So ladies & gents – here’s the recipe to the very yummy Kheema Pulao!
My mum usually makes a similar dish, but with minced meat, some Biryani essence from Kolkatta and tops it with lots of whole green chillies that’s cooked on a dum. So you can very well imagine, how fantastic it tastes.
Try it on a boring working day and see how everyone’s face lights up at dinner time…
- Kheema – 1 packet
- Ginger – garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Onion – 1 large thinly sliced
- Tomato – 1 medium chopped
- Green cardamom – 1 – 2 nos
- Cinnamon stick – 1 small less than ½ inch
- Green chilli – 1 -2 slit
- White cooking oil – 1 – 2 tbsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Basmati rice – 1 cup (You can make this with pre-soaked brown rice as well)
- Heat the oil and ghee in a non-stick deep wok.
- Add the garam masalas and sauté the onion slices until light pink.
- Now add the ginger-garlic paste and cook well.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for a while.
- Then add the minced meat/ lamb/ chicken and cook thoroughly.
- Once the minced meat is semi cooked, add in the pre-soaked well-drained rice.
- Mix well until the water dries up.
- Pour water a little more than 2 cups, the rice should be immersed in it.
- Add salt, mix gently and cover with a lid.
- Take off lid after 15- 20 mins and check for the rice being done.
- Serve hot with pickles, poppadums, chutney, salad or a curd dish!
Share your recipe!
Have an awesome Rice/ Pualo Recipe such as this one?
Well then how about sharing it with us and our readers? Send us your quick fix recipe in the above format with a couple of good photographs (preferably shot in daylight) to email@example.com!