Malpuas are a popular favourite in our country, usually prepared during festivities, this sweet dish has now found its way through the heart of sweet lovers all over the country. Here’s a healthier version of the Malpua which is made by oats, a recipe curated by celebrity Chef Sanjeev Kapoor.
We think this is a unique recipe, as the oats are going to lend a healthier twist to a traditional Indian sweet. Try it today, we’re sure you’re going to love it!
- ½ cup wheat flour
- ½ cup powdered oats
- ½ cup palm jaggery
- Cardamom powder
- Mix the wheat flour, powdered oats and salt in a bowl.
- Add half a cup of water to bring the mixture to a smooth consistency, just enough to pour on the pan.
- Now, add jaggery, cardamom powder and half a cup of water into the mixture in the pan.
- Heat this mixture to make a syrup. The syrup should not be too thick or too thin in consistency.
- Next, heat a few drops of butter on a pan. Pour some batter and cook. Flip and cook again.
- Cover the pan with a lid for about a minute to cook it well.
- Once cooked, dip it in the syrup. Delicious hot and healthy malpuas are ready to be eaten.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes; Cooking Time 20; Serving: 5-6
A popular name in the Indian food and beverage industry, Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is a household name who is instrumental in revamping how India perceived its food through his recipes and food shows.
After receiving a lot of success and fan following from his show ‘Khana Khazana’, Chef Sanjeev Kapoor went on to launch a highly popular channel dedicated to all things related to food and beverage called FoodFood.
An author of several cookbooks and clocking in almost two decades in the F&B industry, Chef Sanjvee Kapoor has been recently awarded the Padma Shri in 2017.
Publish your recipes on The Lifestyle Portal:
Have an exciting recipe to share? Send us your original recipes with high-quality pics to email@example.com to get your recipe published! Don’t forget to send us your profile pic and a short bio to go with it.