Homemade Chicken Clear Soup
A slight dip in the temperatures and out come the woollens and hot drinks. I’m a big fan of soups and broths; personally, for me, nothing can be more soothing and calming than a healthy bowl of soup that has all the nutrition packed in it. Chicken soups are ideal to beat a nasty cold or flu during the monsoons or winters. Since it is light, it is soothing for a recuperating body.
To be honest, I don’t clearly remember, when and how I learned to make it, but it was by sheer experimentation and I have been making this soup for family and friends where ever I have been. So here I am, sharing my simple Chicken Clear Soup recipe with you, hope you relish it as much as I do! I usually buy fresh chicken and when I am cleaning the curry pieces, I usually set aside some portions for the soup as you can see in the picture below.
- Fresh chicken soup pieces – 250 gms approx.
- Onion – 1 medium sliced finely
- Garlic – 7-8 flakes, finely chopped
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- A pinch of sugar
- Water – as desired
- Clean the chicken pieces and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a pressure cooker and toss in the sliced garlic and onion.
- Add a pinch of sugar to help caramelise the onions.
- Saute for a few mins and then add the raw chicken pieces.
- Coat the chicken with the caramelised onions.
- Now add salt and pepper and mix well.
- The chicken, onions and garlic will tend to stick to the bottom of the pressure cooker, so make sure you keep stirring well.
- Now add half a bottle of water – for a clear soup consistency.
- Give it a boil and shut the lid. Give it a whistle on high flame and at least 4-5 whistles on low flame.
- Switch off the gas and allow the steam to escape completely.
- Strain the chicken and onions and keep aside, and pour the soup in a cup or a bowl and serve hot.
You must be wondering, what I did with the boiled chicken pieces? Well, I make something out of it too, stay tuned for the next recipe. Until then, just sit back and savour the goodness of this simple and soulful Homemade Chicken Clear Soup.
Share your recipes with us:
We invite our readers to share their original homemade recipes with pictures and we’ll publish them with due credit to you. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org right away!