In the previous recipe, I shared with you how to make a simple chicken clear soup. This is a continuation of that recipe – where I put the boiled chicken to a good use. Yes, I make simple chicken sandwiches that come handy during a picnic, a breakfast option or as an evening snack with your tea. This is also an excellent dinner menu to compliment with a clear soup of your choice.
Usually, I would make this in a sandwich maker, but if you don’t have one, a non-stick grill pan or a regular pan or iron girdle (tava) is just as good. The ingredients are simple and it takes only a few minutes to make your own chicken sandwich. Take a look…
- Boiled chicken pieces – 1 cup (Please refer the Chicken Soup Recipe)
- Onion – 1 large, finely chopped
- Garlic – 5-8 flakes, finely chopped
- Olive Oil – 1 to 2 tsps
- Mayonaise – to taste (optional)
- Salt & pepper – to taste
- Finely chopped green chillies – 1 to 2 nos.
- Butter – for coating on the pan
- Bread slices of your choice
- Remove all the bones from the boiled chicken and shred them by hand.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan and saute the garlic and onions.
- Now add the boiled shredded chicken and saute well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and the chopped green chillies. If making for kids, please skip the green chillies.
- Once the chicken is a little brown, switch off the flame and set aside.
- Now take the bread slices and apply butter on both the sides. Place it on the non-stick pan.
- Top the bread with the cooked chicken and cover it with another slice of bread with a light coating of butter on both the sides.
- Turn it around gently and get a golden colour toasted bread.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup and coffee!
You can add Mayonaise, honey mustard sauce or chopped coriander in it to enhance the flavours. Use any sandwich spread you like and bring out the flavours. Since I make this as a quick breakfast option, I like to keep it as simple as possible.
Share your recipes with us:
We invite our readers to share their original homemade recipes with pictures and we’ll publish them with due credit to you. Send them to email@example.com right away!