Pasta with Cheese Sauce
This is yet another wonderful recipe that I learnt from Chef Chinu, the host of ‘Firangi Tadka’ in the popular ‘Food Food’ television channel dedicated to food lovers like me!
What I like about this show is that she demystifies fancy cooking making it approachable in an Indian kitchen. She makes international cuisines doable. While I enjoy watching the program ‘Vicky Goes Veg’ on NDTV Good Times, the only thing is that at times the chef host uses some really fancy ingredients which is tempting but you wonder whether to buy something that may be used just once and may go waste.
But in ‘Firangi Tadka’, Chef Chinu give us options to use different veggies or ingredients, which does not pinch the pocket and is reassuring that you can at least give it a shot. So here goes my version of Chef Chinu’s ‘Pasta with Cheese Sauce’.
What I have done here is, I have given the same recipe a slight twist – I’ve added chilli flakes, coriander leaves (I know…coriander!); but I was so hungry and I needed something yummy to snack on asap and I really like the smell of fresh coriander leaves. It somehow reminds you of the wet grass and soil after the rains, so earthy, so calming! And of course, whatever I could find in the kitchen and the refrigerator it all came handy to douse my hunger pangs.
- Pasta of your choice – 1 bowl boiled in salt water
- Milk – 1 cup
- Grated cheese – 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Chilli Flakes – ½ tsp
- Garlic flakes – 6 – 8 nos.
- Onions – 1 medium size finely chopped
- Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – a small bunch finely chopped
- Heat Olive Oil in a non-stick pan/ wok and add the crushed garlic, onions and chilli flakes until the onions turn transparent.
- Now add the boiled pasta and saute well on high flame for 2- 3 mins.
- Switch off the gas and keep the lid over the wok for a few mins.
- Now pour the milk and cheese, salt and black pepper and mix well.
- Switch on gas and ensure everything gets coated well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves and some more grated cheese.
What’s your recipe? Share a recipe that you have recently tried be it from a cookery book, a tv show, a friend – but please make sure you give due credit to the source if it is not your original recipe. And yes, a photograph or two clicked by you will be ideal as well. Send in your recipe and photographs to email@example.com and get it published here!
One thought on “Pasta with Cheese Sauce”