The ‘Shortcut Potato and Chicken Bake ‘ won the second prize for ‘its international feel with an Indian touch’ – as pointed out by Chef Shwetambari of Foodwhizz Cookery School.
The Lifestyle Portal is proud to showcase the second winning recipe in her own words:
I am currently a practicing Wellness Consultant and Positive Health Facilitator. I am also a food blogger and I write a blog called Shortcut Indian Weekday Cooking where I write shortcut recipes for urban living and anecdotes from my life.
I love this recipe because:
It tastes fabulous, looks great, is low calorie and is ready in a jiffy.
- Potatoes – 5 (large)
- Boneless breast of chicken -250gms
- Chicken masala – 2 teaspoons
- Salt to taste Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Maida (refined flour) – 2 tablespoons
- Milk – 1 glass
[scg_html_carrot] Time required
- Wash the boneless breast of chicken well under water and then chop it up into pieces that are about half of what can be called bite sized
- Peel the potatoes and then cut them up into quarters (or smaller)
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pressure pan (or pressure cooker)
- Add 2 teaspoons of chicken masala to the oil and fry for 5 seconds.
- Tip the chopped chicken and chopped potatoes into the cooker and stir well
- Add salt to taste
- Pour water over the contents of the pan so that the potatoes are submerged
- Close the cooker and give it one whistle at full flame followed by three whistles with the flame lowered.
- When the cooker cools open it
- With a potato masher, mash the boiled potatoes and chicken. The potatoes will already be crumbly and disintegrating because of the boiling
- Try to get a uniform mash but don’t stress over it
- Sprinkle two tablespoons of maida (refined flour) over the mashed potatoes and chicken in the cooker and mix really well.
- Turn on the gas and continue mixing.
- Add a glass of milk to the contents of the pan and continue to mix. The mixture now begins to come together and become adherent and sticky. Wait for the mixture to thicken – stirring all the while
- Grease a baking dish and pour this mixture out into it
- Spread a layer of bread crumbs over the mixture and bake at 200 deg C in a pre heated oven to get a golden brown topping.
We keep hosting competitions, promotions and giveaways that will have our valuable readers take part to win exclusive prizes sponsored from you.
This not only helps you in promoting your brand, but also gives our readers (and your potential new customers) a first hand feel and trial of your exclusive products and even provide you with their valuable feedback!
So do get in touch with us at email@example.com right away if you wish to sponsor a competition for a nominal fee at The Lifestyle Portal.