Spicy Idli Snack
I had some left over idlis from the day before and had no coconut chutney to go with it. I was getting very hungry and had no time to prepare breakfast from scratch. You must be wondering, what more can one do to make idlis more tasty and ‘snacky’? Well, this is what I came up with.
- Idlis – 4-5 nos
- Mustard seeds – 1 – 2tsps
- Dry red chillies – 4 – 5 nos
- Curry leaves – a handful
- Salt – to taste
- Refined oil – 1 tbsp
1. Cut the idlis into equal triangular sizes.
2. Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds, dry red chillies and curry leaves.
3. You can also add a pinch of hing and saute for a minute and drop in the idli pieces.
4. Sprinkle some salt and toss the idliswell till slightly crispy.
5. Serve hot as a snack and tastes well even without chutney.