How to style yourself right
All you ever wanted to know about wearing the right clothes for your body, how to accessorize and how to bring out your Unique Personal style, the answer is right here.
We have Jasmine Arora, a celebrity Makeover & Etiquette Expert and the founder of Imagicians share some tips on styling yourselves right exclusively for The Lifestyle Portal.
Jasmine was featured on NDTV as a Successful Image consultant. She has successfully given makeovers and groomed celebrities, top end professionals, teenagers, actors, homemakers and many more, thereby bringing about an ‘Inside out’ transformation to their personalities. Also, Jasmine has clocked several hundred man hours training the trainers of top image consulting institutions.
She says, “You may have all the money to buy whatever you want to. But, how to put an outfit together that looks good on you is style and money can’t buy that.”
According to her, style is a form of art and just like artists; some people have a natural sense of style. Whereas for some, it needs to be cultivated and developed over a period of time; and, that is where you need Expert Guidance.
She is known for her creativity, aesthetic sense and an eye for finer things in life. So here are five quick style tips from Jasmine that you should not miss out on:
- Less is More – Don’t go over the top. If you choose one or two loud pieces like a brightly coloured neckpiece or a tie, make sure to moderate the rest of your look with a classic and more subdued colours in your top and bottoms
- Don’t be a fashion victim – Not every trend is for everyone. Adopt the ones that work for your body and give some of those fad items a miss.
- Be Age Appropriate at all times – Accept your age and carry yourself with grace. Nothing looks more drab than wearing clothes which the generation younger than you is currently clad in.
- Balance it out – If you’re wearing something puffy on the top then team it up with something snug in your bottoms and vice-versa.
- Shopping tip – Don’t go shopping with an overstuffed tummy. It will inflate your stomach and will not give the right fit. Worse, it’ll bring down your confidence level as some of the styles/cuts will not sit properly on your body.
All of us come in various shapes, sizes and colour. But that shouldn’t come in the way of looking good and feeling good about ourselves.
Who we are and what we are as a person usually gets assessed by the first glance when we enter the room. According to mindtools.com, “It takes just a quick glance, maybe three seconds, for someone to evaluate you when you meet for the first time. In this short time, the other person forms an opinion about you based on your appearance, your body language, your demeanour, your mannerisms, and how you are dressed.”
While you may go through several YouTube videos, talk to friends, follow your favourite fashionistas on various social media, it is important to remember that what works for them may not work for you because a lot depends on your body shape, height, face cut and of course your profession and cultural sentiments.
And if you don’t know whom to ask and from where to begin, this is where Jasmine Arora, founder of ‘Imagicians’ comes to our rescue with her Magic Wand. One session with Jasmine will make you see your body in a more positive light and you’ll begin enjoying dressing up and falling in love with yourself and your body all over again.
Jasmine’s Imagicians is a one-stop-shop for all your grooming needs, be it power dressing for a corporate meeting, turning up at a social occasion with that dapper look, mastering the art of fine dining, making a statement with your pleasing manners or ensuring confident body language.
After all, it is perfection, that makes a man or woman and once groomed by Jasmine, you will be a cut above the rest.
Get in touch with Jasmine:
- Website: www.imagicians.in
- Facebook: /imagiciansja
- Linkedin: Jasmine Arora- Imagicians
- Twitter: Imagicians_JA
- Instagram: Imagicians
- Email: email@example.com
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to get featured or collaborate with us at The Lifestyle Portal.