It’s one of those quick fix recipes, which you would have never realised how easy it is to make unless of course you make it yourself!
That’s right amigos, in fact since beets are loaded with iron and flavonoids – therefore it makes it an ideal snack for expecting mommies (I did!)
The best part about this recipe is that apart from being super easy to make, the ingredients are pretty much always available in your kitchen and that it can be had as a salad, side dish or an in between dish for those on a diet!
So here goes, the super simple recipe for a super simple dish. 😀
- Beetroots – 3 – 4 medium size grated
- Mustard seeds – 1 and ½ tsp
- Fresh curry leaves – 6 – 8 nos
- Dried red chillies – 2 – 3 nos
- Asafoetida powder (hing) – a pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 – 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a non-stick wok.
- Add the mustard seeds, dry red chillies, fresh curry leaves and the hing.
- Allow it to splatter while you stir for a few seconds.
- Add the grated beets and stir-fry.
- Add the salt and mix well.
- After a couple of minutes of frying on high flame, switch off the burner and cover with a lid.
You can have it piping hot from the stove or cool it – the choice is entirely yours. Now relish the sweet and crunchy symphony of this magenta Beetroot Surprise!
Share your recipe!
Have a quick fix recipe such as this one? Well then how about sharing it with us and our readers? Send us your quick fix recipe in the above format with a couple of good photographs (preferably shot in daylight) to email@example.com!
2 thoughts on “Beetroot Surprise!”
If you add some lightly grinded fresh grated coconut and turmeric powder,jeera powder and green chilly mixture to the seasoning it too tastes nice…….. 🙂
Wow, thank you so much for this wonderful tip. Shall surely add this seasoning as recommended by you. Would love to recv. more tips and recipes from you.
thank you once again!