A versatile and a universal favourite – Potato can be had as a snack, a meal or as an accompaniment. You can bake, fry, sauté or cook it in the spices of your choice.
Preparing breakfast can be challenging at times, and that’s when the good old potato comes handy. So this is what I cooked within 20 minutes just in time for breakfast.
By the way, if you have boiled potatoes from a day before they’ll come handy in this recipe.
- Boiled Potatoes – 5-6 medium size, cubed
- Cumin Seeds (jeera) – 1tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds (Methi) – 1 tsp.
- Curry leaves – 10 nos.
- Dry Red Chillies – 2-3 nos.
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 to 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder – 1-1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder (Dhaniya Powder) – 2 tsp
- Mustard Oil – 2/3 tbsp (You can use an oil of your choice)
- Salt to taste
- Sugar – a pinch
- Lemon – 1/2
- Heat the mustard oil in a wok and add cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- As soon as it starts to splatter, add the boiled potatoes that have been cubed.
- Make sure you keep frying it on a high flame.
- Now add the turmeric, chilli, salt and coriander powder. Add a pinch of sugar and keep frying till it starts sticking to the bottom of the wok.
- Switch off the gas and squeeze half a lemon on the mixture. Mix well and cover.
- Serve hot with Indian bread – roti/ parantha or eat it just like that as snack.