This is my all time favourite fish accompaniment – low on oil and very easy to make. This fish fry is a hit on winter nights, when you enjoy a simple meal of steamed rice or roti with daal at dinner time.
- Mackerel – whole pieces, cleaned and slits made on them
- Salt – to taste
- Lemon/ Vinegar – 1 lemon juice/ 1 cap full
- Chili Powder – 1tsp or to taste
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp or to taste
- Ginger – Garlic Paste – 1-2 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2tsp
- Cooking Oil
1. Rub all the ingredients on the fish and leave aside to marinate. Remember, longer the better.
2. Just before dinner, heat oil in a non-stick pan or a tava and add the fish one by one.
3. Fry until golden brown and garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with roti and daal combination. Life couldn’t be simpler!