Chicken in Black Pepper and Yoghurt Gravy
This is my favourite chicken dish and fortunately loved by every member of the family, especially kids. It has the warmth of the black pepper and the delicious aroma of garlic blended in yoghurt. This dish is dreadfully easy to make and goes well with bread, steamed rice, chapattis or just as a soupy meal. A perfect dish to have during winters and monsoons!
- Chicken – 500gms
- Yoghurt – 1 bowl
- Black pepper – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Green chillies – 5- 6
- Onion – 1 large finely sliced
- Garlic flakes – 10 – 12 nos
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Marinate the chicken pieces with curd, black pepper and half the garlic flakes crushed for minimum half an hour. Longer the better.
- Heat olive oil in a wok and sauté onion slices and the remaining garlic until translucent.
- Now add the marinated chicken and mix well.
- Keep mixing and covering the wok every few minutes.
- If you wish to keep some gravy, add water or reduce the gravy to a thick consistency according to your requirement.
- Once done, add whole green chillies without slitting them.
- Serve hot and relish the goodness of this healthy chicken dish.
If you’ve liked this recipe, you may also like the ‘Hyderabadi Chicken Curry’.