Chilled Red Apple Salad
Nowadays most fruits are readily available throughout the year, and apples are one of them. Personally, I am not too fond of this fruit, but then if there are a few in your fruit bowl at home, then what do you do?
A few days ago, I prepared this red apple salad for dinner and it came out really wow. I think I am going to have an apple turned into a chilled salad from now on.
- Cucumber – 1 large, finely chopped
- Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Green chilies – 1-2 nos, sliced diagonally
- Red or green apple of your choice – 1 medium size, chopped into small bite size cubes
- Flax seeds- 2 tsp
- Toasted sesame seeds – 2 tsp
- Extra virgin olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Organic rock salt – to taste
- Crushed garlic flakes – 2-3 nos.
- In a large glass bowl, mix the cucumber, onion, apple and place it in the refrigerator.
- To make the salad dressing, add organic sea salt and garlic flakes in olive oil and mix well.
- Pour and mix the salad dressing into the salad and serve garnished with flax seeds and toasted sesame seeds.
The idea of preparing a salad is how well you can innovate. If you love food, you can innovate the same the way you like. My idea and concept of food are that it should be simple, easy to the eye and easy to digest. Nothing garish and over the top, else it’ll put you off.
Share your recipes: We invite our readers to send us their original recipes along with pictures clicked by you to email@example.com and we’ll publish them.
We invite our readers to send us their original recipes along with pictures clicked by you to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll publish them.