Pumpkin Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cake
Here’s another recipe by Shruti Chopra who has found immense happiness and joy in the art of baking.
At times it takes a lot of courage to set aside what you’re so used to do (she’s a Corporate Lawyer by profession), and dabble in a hobby just for the sheer enjoyment of it.
After the yummy Rainbow Cake that she shared with us sometime back, here’s another fun recipe called the Pumpkin Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cake – take a look:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour( whole wheat atta)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cup can fresh pumpkin puree
- 1 cup chocolate chips
To make the Pumpkin Puree:
- You’ll need 300 gms pumpkin.
- Remove the seed, peel and cut into small pieces.
- In a pan cook the chopped pumpkin with 1 cup water or till soft.
- Let it cool and mix in the blender to make a fine puree.
- In a large bowl, mix butter and sugas until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add in vanilla and combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Alternately add the pumpkin puree, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- In a well-greased tin put the above mixture.
- Bake at 180c° for 35 mins minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Have a similar fun recipe such as this one?
Well then how about sharing it with us and our readers?
Send us your quick fix recipe in the above format with a couple of good photographs (preferably shot in daylight) to email@example.com!