Mumbai based home maker Archana Kulkarni Mairal shares another delicious recipe from her hometown Nagpur. This one’s called Nagpuri Vada, which is a delicious snack that goes well with tea. This recipe is so easy that you will be tempted to try it one of these days.
- Toor Daal – ½ cup
- Chana Daal – ½ cup
- Lal Masoor Daal – 1 cup
- Urad Daal – ½ cup
- Moong Daal (with chilka) – ½ cup
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Green chilli – to taste
- Whole coriander seeds – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves – 10 – 12 nos
- Coriander leaves – ½ cup finely chopped
- Red chilli powder – according to taste
- Oil for deep frying
1. Wash and soak all the daals together one night before.
2. Add ginger, whole coriander seeds, curry leaves and green chilli and coarsely grind the daals in a blender.
3. Now add salt, red chilli powder, chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
4. Heat oil in a kadai, and add two tablespoon of hot oil in the daal mixture to make it soft.
5. Now deep fry the vadas and serve hot.
Recipe courtesy – Archana Kulkarni Mairal
We’d like to hear from you. If you’d like share some of your original and traditional recipes along with photographs clicked by you, please send it to us at email@example.com. We’ll be happy to publish it.