Yet another delicious recipe shared by Mumbai based homemaker Archana Kulkarni Mairal. This is a very healthy daal (lentil) recipe that is made with spinach and fenugreek leaves. Interested? Read on…
- (Spinach) Palak – 1 bunch
- (Fenugreek_ Methi leaves – ½ bunch
- Toor daal – 1 small bowl
- Chana daal – ½ small bowl
- Peanuts – 10-12 nos.
- (Tamarind) Imli – 25 gms (soaked in water for ½ an hour)
- Green chillis – 2 nos
- Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Maharastrian Goda Masala – 1 tsp
- Refined white oil – 1tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Hing – 1 pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Boil palak and methi leaves with toor daal, chana daal and peanuts in cooker for 3 whistles.
- Once the steam has escaped completely, mix the daal and palak mixture with a spoon.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add mustard seeds, hing and green chillies. Sauté for a few mins.
- Now pour the daal and palak mixture in it and cook well.
- Add turmeric, chilli powder, goda masala, imli water and salt and mix well.
- Give it a few boils and serve hot garnished with fresh coriander leaves.
Recipe courtesy: Archana Kulkarni Mairal
You too can share a recipe! All you have to do is send in your recipe along with a photograph clicked by you to email@example.com. Do let us know a little about yourself, so we get to know our Guest Writers.