By Priya Narayan
During the summer months, our appetite is at an all-time low. This is when we come up with some light yet tasty salads that pep up the appetite and the mood for some food.
Shallots are a powerhouse of vitamins and play a crucial role as an antioxidant, keeps the blood pressure and diabetes in check and improves metabolism. Include shallots in your diet either in your cooking or in a salad, and get the best out of them. Here is an all-season favourite salad in my house that is extremely healthy and delicious.
This recipe has been revamped by Harish, an In-flight Technologies professional based out of Mumbai.
- Shallots – ¼ Cup
- Tomato (finely chopped)- 1
- Green chilli (minced) – 1
- Ginger (minced) – ½ Teaspoon
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped) – 2 Teaspoons
- Salt – ½ Teaspoon
- Cumin powder – 1/4 Teaspoon
- Curd – 1 Cup
- Lemon juice – 1 Teaspoon
- Carrot (grated)- ¼ cup
- Cucumber (grated)- ¼ cup
- Soak the shallots in water for 30 minutes. This helps in easy peeling of the skin.
- After 30 minutes, remove the skin and chop them into small pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients together and refrigerate it for an hour before serving.
- This salad is very cooling as it contains curd, cucumber and shallots.
Publish your recipes on The Lifestyle Portal:
Have an exciting recipe to share? Send us your original recipes with high-quality pics to email@example.com to get your recipe published! Don’t forget to send us your profile pic and a short bio to go with it.