Homemade Crispy Chaklis by Chef Sanjeev Kapoor
Celebrity Chef Sanjeev Kapoor shares some brilliant homemade snack recipes for the festive season. We’re starting with the first of the series with the lip-smacking tea time favourite snack – Chaklis.
No festival or tea time chit chat session is complete without the inclusion of these Chaklis. If you’re keen on making some for your evening tea or for a celebration, here’s how you can make them.
- 2 Cups Rice Flour
- 1 Cup Besan Flour
- 1 ¼ Cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon Ajwain Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Coriander Powder
- 3 Tablespoons of regular butter
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
- Salt to taste
How to make Chaklis:
- Crush cumin and ajwain seeds together in the blender.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of regular butter. Take rice flour, besan, add crushed cumin and ajwain, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, sesame seeds, salt and mix them together.
- Pour butter and mix well; now add water and start kneading the dough.
- Once it’s at a set consistency, let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Use a Chakli maker to shape the dough into that of a chakli.
- Deep fry the Chaklis till they turn light brown from both sides.
- Drain the excess oil in an absorbent paper and serve when cooled.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes; Cooking Time 30 minutes: Serving: 4
A popular name in the Indian food and beverage industry, Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is a household name who is instrumental in revamping how India perceived its food through his recipes and food shows.
After receiving a lot of success and fan following from his show ‘Khana Khazana’, Chef Sanjeev Kapoor went on to launch a highly popular channel dedicated to all things related to food and beverage called FoodFood.
An author of several cookbooks and clocking in almost two decades in the F&B industry, Chef Sanjvee Kapoor has been recently awarded the Padma Shri in 2017.
Publish your recipes on The Lifestyle Portal:
Have an exciting recipe to share? Send us your original recipes with high-quality pics to email@example.com to get your recipe published! Don’t forget to send us your profile pic and a short bio to go with it.