Text by Priya Narayan
Simran Kalwani, 41, is a freelance IT recruiter by profession. She resides in Mumbai and has two children aged 9 and 13. She regularly takes part in cookery contests and is an avid cook. She aims to give something healthy and yummy for her children’s tiffin every day. There are some veggies which their kids don’t eat so she hides them in their food. Below is one such recipe in which she has combined carbohydrates and vegetables in the form of a yummy sandwich.
- Boiled potatoes – ½ cup
- Soaked poha – 1/4 cup
- Boiled Yam – 1/2 cup
- Ginger garlic chilli paste – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Jeera powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Chopped Coriander leaves – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Veeba Sandwich spread
- Lettuce, Onion rings and capsicum rings
- Mash potatoes and Yam together.
- Add soaked poha, garam masala powder, ginger garlic chilli paste, salt, lime juice, jeera powder and coriander leaves.
- Make round tikkis and shallow fry them in ghee.
- Take 2 bread slices and spread Veeba Sandwich spread on both the sides.
- On one side put the tikkis and on other side put lettuce leaves, onion and capsicum rings.
- Toast this on the grill till brown and serve with chutney or sauce.
Share your recipes with our readers at The Lifestyle Portal:
Have an exciting recipe to share? Send us your original recipes with high-quality pics to email@example.com to get your recipe published! Don’t forget to send us your profile pic and a short bio to go with it.