Simply get a whole wheat pizza base (they turn out so much crunchier and tastier than the refined flour pizza bases) – and use it as a canvas to create your own colourful and healthy pizzas.
Recently I bought those gorgeous red, yellow and green bell peppers and broccoli from the local vegetable seller – I was thrilled to see the fresh veggies in his wooden cart.
They’re not as expensive as the ones you may get at a branded supermarket and these guys usually bring fresh veggies and herbs almost every single day.
I sautéed the veggies in olive oil, chopped garlic and sesame seeds and voila I got myself a healthy pizza topping that we had for breakfast. 😀
I prepared a cheesy spread with garlic (yes, I love garlic in my food), tossed the sautéed veggies, spread grated cheese and baked it the way I like it.
It’s got these super simple pizza toppings that don’t demand fancy ingredients; if you like you too could try out this healthy vegetarian pizza at home – here goes:
- Red bell pepper – ½ no. cut in in medium size cubes
- Yellow bell pepper – ½ no. in medium size cubes
- Green bell pepper – ½ no. in medium size cubes
- Broccoli – 1 /2 no. cut into small florets
- Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Sesame Seeds – 1 – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Grated cheese – 1/2 cup (or less as you wish)
- Butter for greasing – 1 – 2 tsp
- Cheese spread/ pizza sauce/ any spread you like – 1 tsp
- Spread a thin layer of butter with a food brush on the base and toast both sides of the whole wheat pizza on a tava or an iron girdle.
- Once both sides have been well toasted, apply a small quantity of cheese spread, pizza sauce or a choice of sauce coating you may like – you could go for tomato ketchup too!
- Now add a generous quantity of the sautéed three bell peppers with broccoli tossed in olive oil, garlic and sesame seeds.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top and micro for 30 seconds until the cheese melts or toast it for about 7 mins – 10 mins in a pre-heated oven at 180 deg.
- Serve hot with your favourite sauces – you’re now ready to start your day with a power packed whole wheat pizza, cheese and bell peppers. 😀
Have a breakfast recipe to share with us?
We welcome our readers to send us your fun, quick and healthy breakfast recipes to The Lifestyle Portal.
Send us your recipe(s) in the above format with two high resolution photos clicked by you, a short bio on you and a nice profile picture of yours to go with it to – firstname.lastname@example.org!