Mothers, we’re a breed apart, the moment we become one we stop being that carefree as we once used to be. Suddenly our child(ren) become our entire focus.
Parenting itself is a challenging role because no matter how much you read or talk about it, nothing prepares you for what could happen next.
Here are a few things that we feel that mothers tend to keep adjusting to until the pressure builds up. It’s important to be aware of these and make a positive shift.
1. Handling emotional challenges – Being a mother though is a privilege and honour, does come with its share of emotional challenges. Just when you think you’ve got it all sorted out, bam! Your child refuses to listen to you or throws a temper tantrum.
2. Lack of sleep and rest – As mothers we seldom put ourselves in the priority list, in fact we don’t even feature on the list! Why is that? Remember, a woman/ a mother is a focal point of a family or household and if anything happens to her, the entire balance gets lopsided.
3. Trying to do it all – Sometimes it is really okay to let go. If the house is not clean or the dishes not done – no matter how much it frustrates you from within, sometimes it is best to let go. Because even though we’re multi-tasking goddesses, even goddesses need a break.
4. Being guilty and the fear of being judged – As mothers we are already doing our best juggling home, childcare and work. We have to let go of two self-inflicted negative influences in our lives – the fear of being judged and being guilty and for what?
5. It’s really okay to cry and let off steam – It’s very important to realise that our kids are constantly learning by observing us, and if we show them that in spite of a breakdown we overcome it all, they will love us more because we’re only human
An exclusive feature for World of Mom, from the house of FirstCry.com