If you’re a part time student and wish to travel in Europe, you can look for a student discount card meant just for you. So wipe off the frown from your face, just because you are not eligible for an ISIC. The International Student Identity Card (ISIC) is meant particularly for full time students. So here’s what you can go for and fullfil your desire of traveling across Europe by the Eurail.
What is an IYTC?
You can apply for the International Youth Travel Card or the IYTC, which is an exclusive travel card meant for part time students. With an IYTC, you can save money during your Europe trip through discounts on travel, boarding and lodging.
The International Youth Travel Card is issued by the ISIC. The discounts offered by the IYTC may not be as wide ranging as the ISIC, but its worth checking out –
- Travel insurance
- Discounts on airfare international/ domestic
- Discounts on food, shopping and stay
- Eligible for 24 hour Traveler’s Assistance Help Line – this includes legal, financial and medical emergencies
- You can call the Help Line at 44 181 666 9205, which is a free 24 hour service exclusively offered to IYTC card holders
Travel insuranceDiscounts on airfare international/ domesticDiscounts on food, shopping and stayEligible for 24 hour Traveler’s Assistance Help Line – this includes legal, financial and medical emergenciesYou can call the Help Line at 44 181 666 9205, which is a free 24 hour service exclusively offered to IYTC card holders.
ISIConnect – international calling card, can also be used for internet, fax and voicemail
To be eligible for an IYTC, you need to 12 years or older, up to the age of 26.
Your IYTC card will cost you $22 and will be valid for one year, from the date of purchase.
- IYTC application form
- Passport size photo
- Proof of your age:
– Photocopy of passport/ birth certificate/ driver’s license