Here’s a consolation prize winning recipe sent in by one of our readers Karthika Raj – it’s called Rosy’s Fish Curry.
But before we begin, here’s something about our reader.
Apart from being a Naval wife, Karthika is a film director from the National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad who has assisted ace directors such as Priyadarshan and Rajiv Menon before venturing out to make her own film production company called Maanakshetra based in Trivandrum.
She has also hosted a Food and Travel show called “Super Chef ”, of which she completed more than 500 episodes and 45 episodes of a Travelogue called “Singapore’s Choice” for a Malayalam TV channel ASIANET before moving on to focus on her passion for writing. She is currently writing for her first feature film.
We thank Karthika for sparing her valuable time in cooking up this simple and delicious fish curry and send it to us for our Winter Recipe Contest.
- Dry Fish Masala
- Fish – King Fish
- Mix Coconut Paste for curry base
- Miscellaneous – oil, mustard, fresh curry leaves, red chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt.
[scg_html_carrot] For the Dry Fish Masala:
- Whole dry red chilli, whole coriander seeds, Pepper, Cumin,Mustard,Fenugreek, dry curry leaves.
- Choose a good fish preferably king fish
- Heat them in low heat for 2 mins and powder them.
- 100 gms of coconut powder
- 1 Onion
- 1 tomato
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1-2 green chillies
- Pour little water to make a smooth paste
- Take a kadai, pour 2tbs refined oil, crackle some mustard seeds, add the freshly ground coconut paste and fry it until the oil separates.
- This should take about 6 – 8 mins.
- Add some chilly powder and a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Now mix the fish curry masala in some water and pour the dissolved masala into the kadai.
- Pour sufficient amount of water for enough gravy for the fish to cook.
- Now, when it begins to boil add the fish and salt to taste.
- Let it cook for about 10 mins in low heat. Garnish with fresh curry leaves and serve hot with steamed rice.
During winter serve it hot. It is easy to make and serves the trouble of grating a coconut yet it does not compromise on taste. 🙂
We keep hosting competitions, promotions and giveaways that will invite our valuable readers take part to win exclusive prizes sponsored from you.
This not only helps you in promoting your brand, but also gives our readers (and your potential new customers) a first hand feel and trial of your exclusive products and even provide you with their valuable feedback!
So do get in touch with us at email@example.com right away if you wish to sponsor a competition for a nominal fee at The Lifestyle Portal.