Here’s a recent entry by one of our readers Shruthi Asoori, the co-founder of MaFiSa: Bed and Table Linen. She shares the most delicious and divine ‘Mango Cheese Cake’ recipe exclusively for The Lifestyle Portal.
A mother of an absolute doll of a baby girl, Shruthi is a BE in Bio-Medical Engineering and runs this gorgeous home and bed linen product line along with Dr. Shabana Saleem. Both Shruthi and Dr. Shabana are great cooks, in fact we’ve had several recipes and health articles shared by Dr. Shabana as well!
For now, check out this brilliant and very easy to make ‘Mango Cheese Cake’ recipe by Shruthi; try it out and tell us what you think.
Ingredients: (Makes 12 slices)
For the Base
- Marie Biscuits – 20 nos.
- Clarified Butter (Ghee) – 4 tsp
- Milk – 8 tbsp
For the Cake
- Cottage Cheese (Paneer) – made from 1 litre milk
- Hung Curd – made from 4 Tea Cups of Curd. (Hung For 20 Minutes)
- Ripe Pureed Mango – 1 Tea Cup
- Gelatine – 6 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 Tea Cup
- Egg Whites – 2 nos.
- Unsalted cheese spread – 2tbsp
For the Glaze
- Pureed Mango and Sugar – 1 Cup
- Gelatine – 3 tbsp
- Powder Marie Biscuits and mix clarified butter and milk to it.
- Spread this mixture on a loose bottomed cake pan evenly.
- Keep this aside in the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- Mix cottage cheese, hung curd, mango, sugar, egg white and cheese spread using a blender.
- Dissolve the gelatine in ½ cup of water over low flame.
- Mix Gelatine to the Mango Mixture and pour it to the cake pan
- To make the glaze, dissolve the gelatine in ¼th cup of water, mix the dissolved gelatine to the pureed mango and sugar.
- Spread the glaze on the cheese cake mixture
- Keep this mixture in the fridge for at least 6 to 8 hours for the cheese cake to get set.
- The cheese cake can be decorated with fresh mango pieces and served
What’s your Monsoon Recipe:
Now with the arrival of monsoon, do you have any special recipe tucked away? Well, why not share it with our readers and inspire us!
Send in your original Monsoon Recipes along with a couple of good photographs clicked by you to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also please mention a few lines about yourself, hobbies etc and we’ll be happy to publish it on The Lifestyle Portal.