Green Peas and Potatoes
This dish comes to our rescue especially as a last minute breakfast or a snacking option. Have it with buttered toast, parantha or as an accompaniment with tea. Try it out once and you will know the beauty of this easy to make snack. This dish used to be a popular favourite when we were kids (it still is, sans the butter). Mom used to make this for us, along with an omlette and two friend sausages or ham bits, just to increase the health quotient and ensure that we kids had some greens!
- Boiled Potatoes – 4-5 nos, cubed
- Green peas – 1/2 cup
- Whole Black pepper – 5-6 corns
- Crushed black pepper – to taste
- Salt to taste
- Green chillies – 1 or 2 nos. slit
- Butter – 1/2 tsp
- Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
1. Heat Olive oil in a wok and add the butter.
2. Now add the black pepper corns and add the green peas and saute until they turn slightly crispy.
3. Add the small cubed boiled potatoes and mix well on semi-high flame until they get the golden brown colour and texture.
4. Sprinkle salt and crushed black pepper and the slit green chillies. Mix well.
5. Switch off gas and cover for 2-3 mins. Serve hot with buttered toast or have it as a snack.