We asked Rimmi about her love for baking and she tells us, “I bake for fun. I love the process…the thrill of seeing the muffins rise in the oven, the sweet aroma lingering in the house, the final look n’ crunch of the cookies…a moment of happiness. This time, with the cookies, they turned out so well that mom came and gave me a kiss..it was so special!” 🙂 Aww!
Dunk a pinwheel cookie in a glass of milk, your favourite cup of tea or coffee or just have it as a snack – the choice is yours; we also find this as a great personalised gifting option when visiting friends for a house party! What say?
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 125g butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Quater cup Nutella
- Blend sugar and the softened butter till smooth.
- Add vanilla essence and the yolk.
- Add the flour and mix well. Refrigerate for at least 30 mins so that the dough firms up.
- Once firm, roll out the dough to 1 cm thickness or so. Spread the Nutella to form a layer. Leave the edges, else it may ooze.
- Roll the dough to make a cylindrical log. Refrigerate again, so that it gets easier to cut.
- Once firm, cut into slices.
- Place on a baking tray, apart from each other (they will expand slightly) and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 15-18 mins or until the sides are slightly brown.
Love to bake just like Rimmi? How about sharing them with our readers at The Lifestyle Portal!
Just send us your recipe in word in the above format with at least two high resolution photos of the dish clicked by you. Also please don’t forget to send your profile picture and a short bio about yourself so that we can introduce you to our readers.
You can send your recipes to email@example.com!