Stir Fry Vegetables
If you have baby potatoes, zucchini or cucumber, cauliflower at home, then cook up this quick stir fry veggies in no time. It is quick, simple and very easy to make and goes well with soup, grilled chicken and a steamed rice combination. I tried it at home, and I am sure you will too!
This is a mixed vegetable dish that can be either had as a starter or a part of the main dish. Make this at home once and I am sure, your family members, especially the kids will love this crunchy and non-spicy vegetarian dish.
- Baby Potatoes – 200 – 250 gms
- Cauliflower – 200 gms
- Zucchini – 1 whole
- Cucumber – If you don’t get Zucchini, you can substitute with a cucumber. 1 whole cucumber
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Olive Oil or White Oil – 1-2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Sesame seeds – 1-2 tbsp
- Par boil the baby potatoes, cut in half and set aside.
- Blanch the cauliflower florets and set aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai or a wok, add in the butter.
- Add 1 tbsp of sesame seeds, let it splatter for a minute, add in the potatoes first. Saute for a few minutes first, then add the cubed and diced Zucchini or the cucumber which has been cored.
- At the end, add the cauliflower florets. Keep stirring on high flame, until the veggies get a little golden colour.
- Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Serve hot sprinkled with the remaining sesame seeds on top.