Text by: Priya Narayan
Kaushal Sovani, 40, resides in Mumbai and is a babywearing enthusiast, facilitator for parent-child bonding and entrepreneur. She has a daughter Gargi aged 8 years for whom Kaushal loves to experiment with different recipes for her school tiffin.
This recipe incorporates mixed flours that make it nutritious, high in fiber and tasty to eat.
- Thalipeeth Bhajni Flour (Pre-mix of Bajri, Jowar, Basmati Rice, Wheat, Whole Green Gram, Mataki, Lentil, Chickpea, Black Gram, Chawali, Ragi and Coriander seeds).
- 2 Boiled and grated potatoes
- 1/2 cup roasted and crushed peanuts
- 1/2 tsp hing
- 1/2 tsp haldi
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 2 tbsp dahi
- Lemon, Sugar and Salt to taste
- 2 Chillies (if your child likes spicy food)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Mix all the above ingredients to make a soft dough.
- Divide it into 5 equal parts.
- Flatten it on a non-stick pan (Like a small Paratha, with a wet hand).
- Pour a tsp of oil from the sides
- Cook on a medium flame till golden brown on both sides.
- Tastes best with Curd, Ghee or homemade white butter.
You may add chopped vegetables like Onions, coriander etc. Be more adventurous and experiment with grated carrot, boiled corn, add palak puree instead of water.
So you see, it has carbs, proteins, greens all rolled in one. Truly special.
Publish your recipes on The Lifestyle Portal:
Have an exciting recipe to share? Send us your original recipes with high-quality pics to firstname.lastname@example.org to get your recipe published! Don’t forget to send us your profile pic and a short bio to go with it.